Thursday, April 19, 2012

anyone ever have problems booking hotels through Venere.com?

I%26#39;ve never used them before, and I%26#39;d like to book my hotel rooms soon.....so I thought I would ask about any previous experiences someone might have had.





Thanks!




|||



Hi Coleen





I have booked thru Venere a few times and never had any problems with them. It%26#39;s good that you can book and pay later.





Hope you get somewhere nice as the places we have chosen have all been great.





Elaine




|||



I had the first and only problem today. I was booking a B%26amp;B in Nice and almost completed the form. Then I had to enter CC details. It gave only VISA as a choice while I have only Master. I tried again and again and it did not work so I called venere. They tried to help saying %26quot;usally we give at least 2 cc choices%26quot;.... Finally she gave up and said sorry she can do nothing. It was a very cheap deal and all the others were much more expensive so I really wanted the B%26amp;B, finally I called the hotel and requested to book over the phone. By the way it was €2 more expensive than thru venere.





As I said above was the only problem I had. Otherwise, so far I have booked, modified and cancelled many times with venere and not a problem. I find the site more user-friendly than some other sites. But whenever I book thru these sites, I call the hotel sometime later (as least a few days later) to check if they have the booking. I%26#39;m a cautious kind. So far, no problem.




|||



I%26#39;m the same way....I confirm and then re-confirm a few times before I leave!



Thanks!




|||



I%26#39;ve used them before and I had a good experience. I also like to use Priceline Europe for good deals.




|||



I%26#39;ve used Venere a number of times and have never had any difficulties.




|||



The site was not functioning properly this past week!



I tried to book in Munich and Venice but could not complete the bookings.



I used them last year without any problems for Venice.



Martha




|||



Problems ... YES. I booked a hotel using venere.com. I received a confirmation number but never got a password emailed to me. I am now trying to cancel the reservation but have been unable to do so. I cannot logon to venere.com because I have no password. I%26#39;ve requested assistance from their website at least 5 times without any return contact. I was able to contact the hotel and they said they can%26#39;t cancel the reservation and that I need to cancel through venere.com which I can%26#39;t. I%26#39;m still trying .... Sorry for the long response but wanted to share my terrible experience.




|||



^^ I%26#39;m so sorry....that%26#39;s horrible. I hope it works out for you. I guess I got luckier....they sent the password in an email and I%26#39;ve already been in contact with the hotel to confirm that my reservation is secure.





Good luck!!




|||



Did you log on to your Venere %26quot;your reservations%26quot;account with your e-mail address and choose the option for not remembering your password?



Did Venere not send your password to your e-mail address when you choose the option?



(If you do not remember your password, they will send it by e-mail.)



If your password does not work, you can choose the option that you do not remember your password.



I have used Venere for years and not had a problem except as mentioned above...I don%26#39;t doubt your problem but I am not clear on what steps you have taken online with Venere besides sending them e-mails which have not been answered. Which address did you use when sending your e-mails to Venere?



Give us a step by step and possibly we can help



Martha




|||



As above poster said, did you see the following and click on %26quot;Forgotten your password?%26quot;? Maybe you missed it?





https://secure.venere.com/user/index.jsp…

No comments:

Post a Comment