Thursday, April 19, 2012

Getting Czech Currency

I can%26#39;t get Czech Currency where I live in Asia, which is a shame. I will be visiting England before I go to Prague, so is it easy to get Czech Currency in England or will I have to wait till my arrival to sort it out?



Thanks for the advice.




|||



use the ATM in the airport arrivals hall




|||



I used the bank machines in the arrivals terminal. It is off to the right...at the far end (you will understand when you get there!) It was fine. Make sure your bank card has a 4 digit code.




|||



Thanks for the replies, but surely it is better to get the currency before I arrive or is this not possible?



Can I not just change currency in England before I arrive in Prague?



Thanks for your help.




|||



You can get Czech Crowns here but the rate is pretty bad.





I had to order mine in advance from the Post Office, I don%26#39;t know if travel agents or banks keep them in stock.





The rate I got from the PO was 24.something but getting money from ATM when in Prague I got the banking exchange rate of 27.something minus bank fee. It works out much better value to withdraw as much money as possible from an ATM in the local currency. Banks usually charge a percentage fee or a minimum charge so make as few withdrawals as possible, unless you are lucky enough to bank with one that does not charge a fee.





I was there 2 weeks ago so currency exchange rates may well be different now, but the priciple remains the same regardless of the rates now.




|||



Thanks, that%26#39;s exactly the info I needed. Much appreciated.




|||



use the ATM in the airport arrivals hall (I know, I know)you will be coming from England so the closest is just 50meters outside customs to your left by exit D




|||



If you want to get the currency in the UK go to a Marks and Spencer Store I find they always stock them.



TORII




|||



You will be absolutely fine using the ATM to get Czech currency when you arrive at the airport. We had no problem what so ever and the rate was better than the banks. Just make sure your ATM card pin is only 4 digits and let your bank at home know you are using an overseas atm.Honest you will be fine.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 12, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment