Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bus/ Train ticket from Airport to City Centre

I am planning to buy a 24 hour ticket to travel by 119 bus then train from the airport to centre of Prague.





Can anyone advise about with this ticket do I still have to buy a separate ticket for my luggage (one suitcase and carry on bag)?





If I do need a %26#39;luggage ticket%26#39; do I need one luggage ticket for the bus and a separate luggage ticket for the train or just one luggage ticket? Thank you.




|||



Are you speaking of bus 119 and the Metro? You only need one ticket. 100kc for 24 hr and 26kc for regular fare. (a luggage ticket is needed if you have excessive size /non standard amount of luggage)



Tickets cover the use of buses, trams and metro.



...



If you are truly taking a %26#39;train%26#39; to the outskirts of Prague then yes, you do need a different ticket.




|||



I too will be taking Bus 119 from the airport to the Old Town. I am wanting to purchase a 7 day ticket that I can use throughout the week (I read that it will cost about CKZ 280)





Is there a place at the airport where I can purchase this before I get on Bus 119?





Thank you.




|||



tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g274707-s303/Prague…




|||



The above link will tell you all you need to know about Prague transport. You can buy your ticket/pass at the inside of the arrival terminal in the Prague Transport kiosk. (closes at 10.30 p.m.)




|||



I wanted to clarify information given under the heading %26quot;passes%26quot; on the above link.



In October of this year, the 30 day/550kc pass was not available for purchase at the airport kiosk. I bought mine at Nadrazi Holesovice and there was no extra charge for the photo id (you must provide a photo) but with tax the total price came to 580 Kc.



I assume that since the 24hr and 7 day passes don%26#39;t require a photo id then these would be available at the airport kiosk.




|||



Feel free to update the link - but note there are no 7 day passes available




|||



Oh right, no 7 day pass. Xtremdelt, you need another option!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 10, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment