Saturday, April 21, 2012

Honest Hotel reviews?

Checking out a couple of these hotels in the top five and many reviews have only one post. There review. Wondering if it is customary for hotels to request that guests post on TA for them? How can you tell if it is a fake review?




|||



I have only stayed at one hotel where I was asked to write a review on TA. They gave us a business card with the web address on the back! It was in Venice and I was happy to do it because we loved the place. I always get VERY suspicious of reviews that complain about everything and then say %26quot;you should stay at the XYZ Hotel instead!%26quot; But as far as telling if a review is fake, I think it%26#39;s pretty impossible. Just use your judgement and the nice folks here. They won%26#39;t steer you wrong.




|||



You just have to use your judgement. Sometimes, there are good reviews and then a few bad reviews are written by whiners who are impossible to please.





What I look for is consistency (not possible without a few reviews). If everyone complains about the same thing (dirty rooms, etc.) then I%26#39;m thinking it is a valid complaint.




|||



feel free to let us know your options, maybe we can help...




|||



%26gt; many REVIEWS have only one post.



You mean reviewers / posters? It%26#39;s nothing extraordinary. Hotels reviews are by somebody like me or you. I have more than 1000 posts on the forum but have made only 4 or 5 hotel reviews so far. I make many small trips but I don%26#39;t want to write reviews on every hotel I stay.





TravelBug102, what is the Venice hotel that asked you to write on TA? Just curious. I%26#39;m leaving for Venice tomrrow for 4 days.




|||



Why should a hotel ask you to write for TA specifically, there are many more travel websites just as good or better than TA.




|||



What other travel sites are better or as good as TA? Not familiar with any others




|||



I was thinking about The Arcadia Residence or the #1 hotel Golden W. Trying to decide between their Konza Apts which are in the old town or their residence which you need to take a bus to get into town. Really love the idea of the mother delivering breakfast to your apt in the mornings at the time you specify.




|||



Kat,



When I was in venice this January, it was in the hotel America near the accademia bridge,nice hotel for which I wrote a review.



However, alongside the comments book in the reception area,was a note asking IF you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, log on to T.A (web address was there)and post your positive comments,never mentioned negative comments lol.



I believe this is becoming more common for hotels to do this, such is the popular animal trip adviser, that we have all helped to make??.




|||



Dozydai, thanks for your post. Hotel American, Rovert%26#39;s favorite. isn%26#39;t it? Nothing wrong about hotels asking to write a review. Actually when I read the poster above (who has not respond to my question yet) I thought about Foscari Palace that%26#39;s my favorite. I think I read a poster on Venice forum about Foscari staff asking about posting on TA a few years ago. I know the hotel was reading reviews on TA because they used to respond to reviews (more often to the negative ones than to positive ones).




|||



I once wrote a very positive review about a hotel actually while I was using the hotels business centre - with the result, that it looked like I was an employee there and faking it! I had to send my invoice to prove that I was a guest there (ever since I am not much bothered to write reviews...). Best is to make a shortlist and ask the forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment