Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jewish Quarter in Prague

We (4 people) will be in Prague in May. We want to visit the Jewish Quarter. Is it recommended that we hire a guide or just visit the various Synagogues and cemetary ourselves.





I understand from other forum posts that admissions are quite expensive to the various Synagogues etc.





Any thoughts from your experience. Can you recommend a tour guide or service.




|||









I did a self guide tour of the Jewish area a couple of years ago.I feel I would have got more out of it if I had a proper guide.I got the special 6 site ticket,can%26#39;t remember the cost but it wasn%26#39;t cheap and you have timed periods when you can vivit each site.we ignored this and had no problem but that was om a relativley quiet monday morning in March.



Whittman Tours gets a very good name for doing organised tours in the Jewish area.



http://www.wittmann-tours.com/




|||



My wife %26amp; I visited Prague in May 2005 and I posted a report after my visit.(Prague for the not so young)



I cannot recommend too strongly the advantages of using a reputable guide service such as Wittmans.



True, it will cost you a bit more than if you did it all yourself but you will be more than happy with your choice.



Apart from all the local knowledge our guide was able to collect all our tickets in advance and therefore we had no frustrating queues at all the separate venues.





Regards and have a good time in May





Ron




|||



Oooops !





With reference to my last posting, we visited in May 2008 and NOT 2005 as posted :)





Ron




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment