Sunday, April 15, 2012

Prague tour guide

martinb@uochb.cas.cz (Martin)



Found him through Rick Steves. He responds promptly to emails (and provided me the best info for how to get from the train to hotel, which the hotel never answered).





I only had 48 hours in Prague, and the half day tour I did with Martin was well worth the $ (I even %26quot;saved%26quot; a large portion of the cost because he showed me where to buy the concert tickets the locals purchase instead of the rip-off tourist concerts more widely promoted).





Going right to key %26quot;sights%26quot; of interest (instead of wasting time trying to find them on my own) was great, and Martins commentary/knowledge really makes the city come alive.



One of the highlights for me was walking right in the same steps Beethoven would have taken to get to his violin repair shop. I would not have know this, even with the best guide book!



My Thanks to Martin for making my Prague visit delightful (and he is an excellent photographer, so can advise you there as well)






|||



thanks for the information. We just booked several private guides for Turkey through a recommendation from Trip Advisor and we were so glad that we did.




|||



Sounds great.





How much was it? What were the key %26quot;sights%26quot;?




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 12, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment