Sunday, April 15, 2012

How long on public transport from airport to Residence Agnes

Hi - we will be arriving in Prague for our second visit on Saturday morning and have decided to use public transport as we are more au fait with the city now. Could someone please recommend whether using bus 119 to Dejvicka and then tram 8 to Diouha Trida or bus 119 and metro line A to Staromestska? Also, would the journey be do-able in 75 minutes (for basic ticket) and have I got the destination stations correct for Hotel Residence Agnes - thank you!




|||



I would take the tram from Dejvicka - only about 5 stops, 15 minutes, and much nearer to your accommodation than from Staromestska. Plus it is more scenic. And yes, 26Kc ticket is sufficient for the whole journey.





Cheers, Penny




|||



Thank you for that - can%26#39;t wait. Hoping to see a bit of snow!




|||



I went to Zurich this week - there was plenty of snow on the surrounding hills, but in town, it just rained and rained.....I was so disappointed.




|||



Sorry to hear that - I think I am possibly being optimistic. The forecast quotes %26#39;light rain/snow%26#39; and I haven%26#39;t seen any snow when I have looked on the webcams. Oh well - it will be nice just to be there!




|||



Sorry to hear that - I think I am possibly being optimistic. The forecast quotes %26#39;light rain/snow%26#39; and I haven%26#39;t seen any snow when I have looked on the webcams. Oh well - it will be nice just to be there!




|||



How long are you staying?




|||



Three nights




|||



3 nights is enough to have a good time and relax. I suppose you are flying from East Midlands or Birmingham?



I went 3 times to Prague last year, a lot less than I usually do, but I hate cold, so I prefer to go in the spring, summer or autumn and plan to go in April. In the meantime, I was given an extra week hols so I am debating with myself where to go. The choices are endless but can%26#39;t make up my mind. Any suggestions?




|||



I would spend my whole life on holiday - funds permitting!



Have you ever been to the UAE - we have been to Dubai a couple of times which is lovely (Jumeirah Beach area) up until April/May but then it starts to get really hot. A friend of mine has just come back from Abu Dhabi and really enjoyed that - it%26#39;s like Dubai before the tourists arrived, so we will probably try that next winter (hopefully).





Also, we were pleasantly surprised with Ibiza last September. I managed to get a freebie by saving Tesco Clubcard points and stayed all inclusive just outside San Antonio and was very pleasantly surprised. It wasn%26#39;t too busy and was nothing like we imagined. We hired a car for a couple of days and the north of the island is absolutely beautiful, but it would depend on what time of year you are thinking of going - also the euro is terrible at the moment.





Alternatively, have you been to any of the greek islands - we love Kefalonia but again would depend on time of year.





Sorry to go on for ages - once I get started on travelling, I find it hard to stop.





Have you been to California - we are planning three weeks there in April (including 5 days in Las Vegas).





PS - we are flying from East Midlands - second time in Prague but we love it!





Sharon




|||



I have to take it in March (March only)- amazing how some companies work....so the choice is limited, too early for Greece which I love or any other Med islands, so most probably Dubai it will be again...I went for 2 days before Christmas (just in and out on business) but have been there many times. March is one of the best months to go. Still does not feel exciting any more. But I may go to RAK instead. Alternatively, what about Cape Verde?

No comments:

Post a Comment