Saturday, April 21, 2012

How many days to stay in Prague?????

Hello,





I am currently panning a trip to Prague. I will be there for 5 days for work but will not be able to tour the city due to the hours of the meetings. So my question is how many additional days/night should I stay in Prague to enjoy it to the fulliest?





Thanks,



B




|||



How long is a piece of string? Some would say several years or even a lifetime to enjoy it at its %26#39;fullest%26#39;:) but a couple of extra days should be sufficient. You are bound to see something of the city while you are working, unless you will be holed up in a sealed chamber!




|||



2 or 3 extra days will give you a good feel of the city.



If you have any free time at night you may be able to get out and visit various parts of the city.



Where are you going to be based?



Following the Royal Route will give you a great introduction to the city.



http://www.prague.net/the-royal-route



I would do it in the reverse order starting in the castle area and finishing at the Powder Tower/Municiple house.



The Municiple house is a great place to stop for coffee drinks and/or a meal.Not the cheapest place it town but a truely stunning plkace to finish your walk.




|||



We stayed in Prague for three nights which gave us about 2.5 days of touring. We felt like we covered everything we wanted to with a little extra time to relax at some cafes and wander around getting lost. I think that two full days should be enough if you want to see all the highlights.




|||



Thanks for all the suggestions. I especially enjoyed the website!





B




|||



My personal view is that three days is a good length for a first visit, but the longer the better!




|||



I stay in Prague for 11 days, but I believe in 7-8 days you can see most important parts of Prague. How many days for enjoy it fulliest? A lifetime :)))




|||



My husband and I were there for 3 full days and while we felt we saw a lot, we could have used another 3 days easily. I can%26#39;t wait to go back!!!




|||



I was there for 30 days and it wasn%26#39;t enough!!!




|||



Personally I found that the Jewish quarter and museums took up most of one day, very moving. And there are also plenty of places to stop and warm up along the way (which probably slowed us up!) So I%26#39;d agree with 2-3 dys, particularly if you%26#39;ve managed to get out at night and see the old town all lit up.




|||



As others have said, at least 2-3 days. Be sure you go off the Royal Route, A guide is a very good idea if you can afford one as you will see things you%26#39;d almost certainly not see otherwise.



Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment