Saturday, April 21, 2012

Favor from a U.S. traveler in or going soon to Prague?

Hello!





I just got back from a whirlwind day and a half in Prague. (I was in Vienna for three days, including Christmas, prior to going to Prague.) I saw SOOOO much in the one full day I was there but something I missed (this is going to sound so stupid!) was the Hard Rock Cafe%26#39;s Rock Shop. I meant to stop in there to get a couple of magnets and hats, but I got sidetracked in so many other amazing and breathtaking places (and then lost on foot) that day that I didn%26#39;t make it before the shop closed. (Among other things, I went to vespers at St. Vitus, which I would SOOOOOOO recommend to anyone, whether or not you are Catholic.)





So I checked via email with the Rock Shop (it%26#39;s just off Old Town Square) and they do not ship any items. I was wondering if a U.S. traveler in or going soon to Prague would be willing to pick up a few things for me? (Seriously--two magnets and two hats. Nothing that will weigh down luggage! :) ) If there is someone in the DC area, I would come to you and pick them up when you get home. And I would make you cookies! If you%26#39;re somewhere else in the U.S., I%26#39;d pay for postage...and send you cookies :). I%26#39;m ready to smack myself for not going there earlier but I was carrying all kinds of bags and thought they were open for dinner and didn%26#39;t want to take all that stuff to dinner as I was worried about things getting stolen. Should have just lugged it all there and gone anyway, as I found out later the cafe isn%26#39;t even open till spring. Lesson learned the hard way.





Anyway, if you%26#39;d be willing to help me, please reply. Thanks so much :). Happy New Year :)!




|||



You sound like such a sincere and sweet person, I feel like getting on a plane and going to get your stuff for you right now!!





I%26#39;m glad you had a good time but sorry you missed getting your items. I KNOW some very kind person will help you out here. (I tried this on the Florence forum after my cat broke one of my souvenirs and I got my item!!)





Good luck!!




|||



Oh my gosh, you are too sweet :). Thanks so much for your kind words :). I am crossing my fingers on this one. I can%26#39;t BELIEVE I was there at the Rock Shop just before they opened and just after they closed. ERGH! But, to be honest, there were bigger things I could have missed on that trip. I will never EVER EVER forget the view from the Old Town Tower or the complete experience of vespers at St. Vitus. I am writing up my travel journal now (which I do after any big trip, so I don%26#39;t forget what happened), and I feel like I am reliving every moment in Prague and Vienna. (I went to Christmas morning mass at the Hofburg Burkapelle with the Vienna Boys Choir--LOVED THAT!!) What an awesome Christmas :). I%26#39;m glad I have a few days to regroup before going back to teaching 11th grade next week :).





I have never been to Italy...one day I%26#39;ll get there... :)!





Happy New Year! :)




|||



I will be traveling to Prague on Feb. 7. I will be more than happy to help you,if no one goes before me. I live in Florida and my daughter is accompanying me from NYC. Please e-mail me travelsbysmith@yahoo.com if you still need help.




|||



Oh my gosh, that would be amazing :)! Let me see if anyone replies in the next few days but if not, I would love to take you up on your offer and will email from my personal account. I%26#39;d of course make sure to send you money ahead of time (and cookies too!). THANK YOU! :)





I love this website! I explored a few areas of it before I went to Vienna and Prague but I will make much more extensive use of it in the future. SOOO much valuable information to be gleaned.





Happy New Year :)!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, January 02, 2009


|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 11, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment