Thursday, April 19, 2012

Question to experienced TAs about connecting flight at Heath

I am planning an Eastern European trip from Toronto and Prague will be my first stop before heading down south to Dubrovnik of Croatia. My question is can I make my BA 7:55 AM flight to Prague if my Air Canada arrive at London Heathrow 6:25 AM? My tummy tells me it will be close and I might be pushing my luck but curious to know if TAs pros ever done such tight switch before, especially at London Heathrow.





Thank you in advance.




|||



If your lugggage is not checked through, you will not make it. Air Canada uses TErminal 3, Czech Airlines Terminal 2. That would not be a problem, but if you need to clear customs, and the plane is not early.....there is not enough time IMO.




|||



Thank you Penny.





I will have a backpack and a small roll on luggage but will not check my luggage in because I think I can bring it on to the plane. With this strategy in mind, do you think it is still impossible to catch the 7:55 flight?




|||



Sorry, did not read the question properly. BA leaves from Terminal 5, but the same time constraints. I would not risk it.




|||



Further more....





When I arrive at Heathrow from Toronto, I will be arrving at Terminal 5 as per...





Depart Arrive From To Flight London terminal



19:00, 25 Jul 06:55, 26 Jul Toronto (YYZ) Heathrow (LHR) BA0092 5



20:20, 25 Jul 08:15, 26 Jul Toronto (YYZ) Heathrow (LHR) BA0098 5





And when I depart from Heathrow to Prague, I will also departing from terminal 5 because my flight will be with BA.





07:55, 25 Jul 10:55, 25 Jul Heathrow (LHR) Prague (PRG) BA0854 5




|||



In that case, what you should do is print your boarding pass for BA before you leave Canada (you can do this 24 hours before your flight) and then just to through transit. Then, unless the plane is late, you should have enough time to make it.




|||



Jason, Terminal 5 in only for BA, Air Canada arrives at Terminal 3.




|||



Well by your flight number, you are also using BA and not Air Canada, in that case this will not be a problem.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 11, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment