Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Flights from Prague to Florence

Hi guys,



I%26#39;m looking to fly from Prague -%26gt; Florence mid April 2009.





I%26#39;ve checked out Meridiana, who advertised that they fly this direct route three times a week, but I can%26#39;t find any flights (beyond a single one listed for jan 2009).





Can anyone help me out? Looking for the cheapest way to get from prague to florence!





Thank you so much.




|||



Perhaps you could give Meridiana a ring - there is a phone number for their call centre on the website.





Czech airlines fly to Bologna, Skyeurope flies to Pisa (via Vienna I think), Student Agency bus goes from Prague to Florence once a day (17 hours) probably the cheapest option, or you could consider a train (about 17 hours with a couple of changes).




|||



Thanks a bunch for you help!





I hadn%26#39;t considered even noticed a bus existed, but that is seems to be a good option (only ~60 eur.)





The only thing I%26#39;m concerned about is the fact that it is 17 hrs on a bus - has anyone been on one of these before (for this long?)? Was it ok?





I might try and give Meridiana a call, but I am in Australia, so international calls tend to cost a fair bit!





Their website doesn%26#39;t even list Prague as a departure point, which doesn%26#39;t look good.





Thanks again %26amp; cheers!




|||



I travelled just once on a bus for longer than 17 hours, and not to be recommended to be honest. But, it is one off for you, cheap, would serve its purpose, and you would survive it! :) I would prefer to go by train.



I agree what you say about Meridiana - cannot book it from Prague, that%26#39;s italians for you my father would say (not sure what he means by that).





Wishing you a very Happy New Year. All the best Penny.




|||



I think the fact that Meridiana does not even list Prague as one of its detinations and only has one flight on 2nd January does not bode well...





It is many years since I did a bus journey that long (my regular London-Brno stints in my youth helped to put me off buses for ever :)) but by all accounts the Student Agency buses are very comfortable nowadays and if you go overnight you don%26#39;t miss out on much.




|||



Penny, you wrote:



%26quot;I agree what you say about Meridiana - cannot book it from Prague, that%26#39;s italians for you my father would say (not sure what he means by that).%26quot;



It would be interesting to post a link to this thread in the Italy forum and read their take on what your father%26#39;s comment means.




|||



Still hanging out for a direct flight to Florence or close by (rather than a 17 hour journey!)





I%26#39;ve contacted Meridiana via email, and hopefully will get a phonecard soon and call!





I also found click4sky.com, which flies out from Prague-Bologna for 59 euro - everything included (tax, etc.). The only problem is - you have to book a return ticket !




|||



Ds - the flight via the website would be with Czech Airlines, very discounted about £100 return. You don%26#39;t need to use the return leg.




|||



There is a cheap easyjet flight from Prague -%26gt; MXP, which arrives at MXP at 18:50 - and the last train from Milan to Florence is at 20:30.





I know the shuttle bus from MXP to Milan is ~50 minutes... and I know that I%26#39;m pushing the time way too much ;p





What are the chances I can get to Milan central station that quickly? Am I holding onto false hope? :P




|||



Penny - it%26#39;s only 118 euro return! Makes me think I should book, and at worst, not use the return leg back :P





But it seems as if the flight into Bologna arrives too late to catch the last train back to florence! Bad news!




|||



Try sidestep.com. I know that Lufthansa has a nonstop slight from Munich to Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment