Sunday, April 15, 2012

Has the credit crunch affected Prague

Just returned from Prague and still remains one of my favourite cities to visit. However as a general observation i did notice it to be more expensive than normal and also it appeared quieter than usual. Just wondering has redit crunch affect the tourist trade and if it was just me who found it expensive




|||



I think it is the exchange rate that has made it much more expensive.



on my last trip (May2007) we were getting over 40czk /£,now it is about 30/£



several years ago I remember getting over 60czk/£,then it was truely cheap.




|||



I will beat that Uncle Gus , I remember 70czk£...Those were the days!



TORII :o)




|||



Torii,I really can%26#39;t remember the exchange rate when I first visited the Czech republic some 16 years ago.I was staying in Harrocov in the North of the country and remember a beer costing about 10czk.



We had a beerhall night in the hotel (Sklar), a german style band for dancing,snacks and free beer vouchers(some of the ladies in the tour passed their beer vouchers to me),it was a great night and at the end of the evening we were all given a beer glass with the hotle name on it (my nephew still has it).cost of the evening was equivilent to £2.50 a real bargain.




|||



We got a meal for 2 including wine for £5.oo, I miss those days!



TORII




|||



even on my last trip ,prices outside Prague were pretty good.



we had a 2 course basic meal and 2 beers each (there were 3 of us)in a place in Kutna Hora and it cost about £4 each,we would not have got the beers for that money in Edinburgh.




|||



Its quite true there are still places offering excellent value for money, if you know where to go.



TORII




|||



Tourism is down all over Europe according to people in the trade. As much as 40% in some cities. From Munich to Rome and Venice and Prague we heard the same stories whenever we asked.



Be very glad you can afford to travel and enjoy what is there for you to see and do.



Martha




|||



The dollar exchange and the uncertainty of the US economy is keeping us from going to Europe this year.





I have noticed prices in 2008 in Prague seemed to be higher than prior years. It was very crowded in May.




|||





credit crunch%26gt;





timesonline.co.uk/tol/…article5530020.ece




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, October 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment