Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Prague airport and public transport tickets

I will be in Prague for a week and know that it is possible to purchase 7-Day public transport tickets, good for trams, busses and the metro. Everything I have seen, however, suggests that they can only be bought at tobacco/news stands around the city and at metro stations. Is it possible to purchase one somewhere inside the airport before I get into the city? If so, where?





Thanks in advance.





(Also, I will be staying in Zizkov at Hostel Marabou. I%26#39;ve read good reviews online, but if you have any inside info about the neighborhood and/or hostel, I would enjoy hearing it)






|||



tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g274707-s303/Prague…



all you need to know about Prague public transport, there are no 7 days tickets, only 5 days tickets, and you can buy it inside the arrival terminal in Prague airport. (the kiosk is open till 10 p.m.)



I know nothing about your hotel.




|||



Thank you for your reply.





I wonder though, when that was updated. Because from the Prague tourist sites I have been looking over, the prices for the muti-day tickets are far less expensive and it has these options:





24-hour ticket



3-day ticket (72 hours)



7-day ticket (168 hours)



15-day ticket (360 hours)





prague-tourist-info.eu/page-prague-public-tr… shows the 7-day ticket being only 250 CZK (That is half the cost of the 5-day ticket from the information on the link you provided) So I%26#39;m hoping, for the sake of my wallet, that the tourist sites are more up to date. :)




|||



Information on that sites is out of date. For example single non-transfer ticket for adult costs (at least one year I think) 18,- CZK not 14,- etc.





Official sites of public transport provider in Prague: http://www.dpp.cz/en/fares-in-prague/





Official sites of Czech republic - many information:



http://www.czech.cz/





Prague Information Service - about historic sites and cultural events:



http://www.pis.cz/en




|||



Well...that%26#39;s a shame, prices have gone up everywhere.





Thank you for the updated info.




|||



The Public Transport Summary that I provided is up to date.




|||



I meaned the sites that xtremdelt8 reffered to are not up to date and because he was confused I posted the link to the official sites of DPP.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 14, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment