Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Prague in Winter -- is it cheaper?

I really want to go to Prague for Christmas -- I%26#39;m thinking a 5 day trip. In terms of USD, is it cheaper to go in the winter than spring? I am hoping the answer is yes =o)





and I%26#39;ve also read that if i take the money I would for Paris (which i just went to for the 3rd time), it%26#39;ll take me 4 times as far.





Is that pretty accurate?





Thanks!




|||



I think that if you book at Christmas/NYE time it is high season, try a week before or a week after. IMO if you get off the beaten track you can still find a dinner for less than $20.00




|||



%26gt; In terms of USD, is it cheaper to go in the winter than spring?





Does it matter USD or not? I don%26#39;t think so.





Are we taling about hotels, or restaurants or all in genereal?





Restaunrants : should not change hight or low seasons, except of course, special dinner nights, 24th, 31st of dec.





Hotels: In general I find lot cheaper in winter. Many hotels apply higher rates during Christmas and New Year but after my research I found at least some hotels keep usual low rates.





Example : Residenced Mala Strana 3* (stayed there 4 times in the past 2 years)





April : Easter time TOP season rate €90 for a double



November : Low season € 45



Janauary : Low season € 39



Xmas 2007 : € 40 (same low season rates).





Do you mean you pay 1/3 in Prague of what you pay in Paris? I think that%26#39;s a stretch. I find all the cheaper things in Prague than in Paris, inexpensive hotels, eateries, etc but they are perhaps 1/2 at best. But that%26#39;s my impression. Today there are also things that can be as expensive as any other big European cities as I hear and read but usually I don%26#39;t go to those places (high-end restaurants, designer brand shops,). Maybe beer prices at some non touristy places can match your expectation.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment