Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Transport info centre in the arrivals hall/bus tickets

My flight is due to land on a friday night at 9.25pm, I need to get to Karlovo Namesti stop for my hotel and am intending on getting the 100 bus from the airport. I have checked out the times and connections etc.





I have noticed that the info centre shuts at 10pm, how long does it normally take to get through the airport (I know some airports can be worse than others!) and if the info centre is shut what are my options for buying bus tickets? I am only intending buying the transfer ticket (plus luggage ticket) as we are walkers and are planning on walking everywhere whilst in Prague.





I have read that you can buy them from a vending machine? I assume these only take coins? I will only have notes on me - will there be places open to buy a drink etc to get change? Or is there somewhere else I can get bus tickets from using notes?





Thanks in advance for your help




|||



The bus 100 and metro line B is the best choice.





I think you can%26#39;t manage the customs etc. in 25 minutes. You can buy your ticket in the vending mashines in front of the terminal near the bus stop. Your assumtion is right - you will need coins. It wouldn%26#39;t be problem - just go to some of the shops/restaurants etc. in the hall.





You have maybe already found how the mashine looks like, foto is here http://www.dpp.cz/en/ticket-sales/



(official sites of Prague public transport company). There is also a list of all dispensers in Prague (%26quot;R%26quot; as Ruzyně) http://www.dpp.cz/en/ticket-dispensers/r/ (letiště = airport)



And here you can download Czech-English instruction for the vending machine: dpp.cz/download-file/66/vydejni-automat-navo…





You can buy there only limited, basic and one-day (24h) ticket.





Just keep in mind validating your ticket(s) in the yellow box immediatelly after entering the bus. (only 1x, no other validation of the same ticket when transferring etc. - there will be printed the datum + time of the validation)





In metro (if you begin your ride there), these yellow boxes are in the entrance hall, not in the tube train itself.





Blank (unvalidated) tickets are the same like no tickets and the inspectors are often targeting tourists with luggage rather then other people passing by. It%26#39;s a big shame, but it happens.





I don%26#39;t want to make you scared, it%26#39;s only my (I hope good) advice.




|||



Hopefully you will only have a few notes on you for emercency purposes only as you will get a very poor exchange rate in the UK - best to use the cashpoint when you get there. Anyway - one way of getting coins is to buy something on the plane with said emergency cash and make sure you get 26 Crowns (or 52 crowns) in change that you can use in the vending machine. It may be that you can use notes in the machine but I%26#39;ve never tried it as my bus goes straight to Brno from the airport.




|||



you could always get the Headstart kit from Living Prague,if you have enough time between now and when you travel.



http://www.livingprague.com/headstart.htm



BTW this is an excellent website for visitors to Prague.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, October 15, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment