Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Would you take Prague over Budapest?

I am putting together travel plans for next summer, and don%26#39;t think I can do both Prague and Budapest. So for those of you that are familiar with both where would you go and why?





Thanks in advance for your insight!




|||



Prague, for the architecture and the beer.




|||



and for girls too :) Check out Budejovicka and Pankrac. Wait a sec, i do not mean working girls...




|||



Just returned last week from both. Yes, personally I would do Prague over Budapest.





I enjoyed the food, buildings and atmosphere here more. I%26#39;m not saying Budapest isn%26#39;t great, just liked Prague more.




|||



Personally, i would go to Budapest. It%26#39;s a vibrant metropolis where you don%26#39;t feel like you are combatting other tourists all day long...





Please, post this question on the Budapest forum too!




|||



This question has been asked before on this forum. It really depends on your taste, background, and other factors.





We visited both, and we loved both, and choose not to compare.





Like comparing apples and oranges. Hope your planning comes out well.





tptr




|||



tourist...go to prague



adventurist...go to budapest




|||



Prague any day.Going to prague in march and it will be my 4th stay here.Been to Budapest once and really enjoyed my trip but I have to say I still think Prague is the most stunning city I have ever been to and we,ve been to quite a few now.I never get bored and everytime I go,the place still takes my beathe away.



Yvonne x




|||



I know what OMG means, the big downside to Prague is sheer tourist numbers, almost theme park feel during peak times, it does detract from unquestionable beauty and culture.





But modern day Budapest is not immune, I stopped going since they joined EU and become a LCA destination, many changes for the worst after having spend many happy times there. It%26#39;s also a tourist hot spot but not to same extent.







My advice, do try and see both, if you can%26#39;t research in detail on-line to find out more about the attractions of each city. You%26#39;ll get different answers here than on Budapest forum IMO Your opinion may be different to ours as it%26#39;s such a difficult choice.





I would say, if short of time and only doing one, Prague would be best as you can see it all quickly on foot (not possible in Budapest) and it%26#39;s well placed to visit other more western European cities (geographicaly speaking) in less travel time.





Stoofer




|||



This is a 4 months old thread - if OP wanted more answers would he not have come back? Otherwise why resurrect it?




|||



Perhaps because it%26#39;s a regular question that may be of interest to new readers of this forum? :-)





Stoofer

No comments:

Post a Comment