Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is the central main station still closed for works ?

Hello.



I am going to Praha on January 17th and stay for three days.



I want to travel to Kutna Hora on Saturday 18th but I have read the station is being redone and indeed my son - who was there in June - said he could not travel to Kutna by train...



If open would those trains run on a Saturday ?



It is important as this will determine my choice of accomodation .



Thanks




|||



The main station is open and the trains to Kutna Hora run on Saturdays.




|||



Thank you for replying, Penny. When was it the last time you were in Praha and visited the train station and travel to Kuta Hora ? it is just that you have an address in Horsham near Portsmouth , against your name.




|||



There are 3 possible train stations in the center city and are near each other. The %26quot;main%26quot; train station is under repair but has never been closed.



...



The smaller train station also provides the slower/more local service to Kutna Hora.





Praha Masarykovo n.



...



The 2 bigger stations will have the faster trains bit it is necessary to change trains at Kolin.








|||



Hello Nino - the last time I used the main (Hlavni) train station was early November this year when I travelled to Ceska Trebova.



As Tejas says the station has not been closed even though it is being refurbished, so the trains go to all the normal destination.



Plus I can read the Czech railways timetable so I confirmed to my own satisfaction before answering your question, that trains to Kutna Hora are running.





PS. Horsham is near Brighton not Portsmouth. We are in Sussex (come on you seagulls)




|||



You don%26#39;t need to change at Kolín - there are direct fast trains at 0956, 1156, 1356 and back again at 1459, 1659, 1859 and 2059 - these take about an hour and cost 73 Crowns each way/110 Crowns each way first class.




|||



Thanks.



My apologies for confunsing brighton with portsmouth. It is just that I see the exit signs for Horsham on the A3 on which I travel - often - to go to Portsmouth. So in my mind it just clicks: Horsham=Portsmouth...



Thanks all for your contribution. I will now even explore the possibility of leaving to Kutna from the minor station , of which I was unaware.



Regards




|||



By all means go from the %26#39;minor station%26#39;, i.e. Masarykovo nádraží, but it takes almost twice as long and costs more (because the distance is longer) - and that station is not so far from the main station anyway. It doesn%26#39;t go at a very convenient time, either - 11.51, arriving at 13.39, and it doesn%26#39;t run on Saturdays.




|||



Aaaaahhh ! so that must be why I have heard no saturday train service to Kutna Hora .....




|||



Maybe - but look at www.idos.cz - English button at bottom of page - and it will give you all the options (buses as well, but they are not as nice as the train)




|||



I have been to Kutna Hora a couple of times and on both ocassions got a direct train from Hlavni.

No comments:

Post a Comment