Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bicycle tour

Hello from Athens,



We are looking to do a bicycle tour probably in June, from Prague down to Cesky Krumlov and then on to Linz in Austria where we’ll carry on along the Danube all the way to Vienna. Is there anyone who can give us any info on the Czech part of this trip? I know that there are travel agencies that offer this trip but the cost is unbelievably high, that is the reason why we prefer to organize this on our own (we also don’t feel like sticking to a schedule.. typical Greek :0) ) Are there bicycle ways/lanes or would we have to ride on the streets? How easy is it to find BBs along the way and is it better to book accommodation in advance? Will we be ok with English and German to communicate with the locals along the route? Is the signage good or would a gps be necessary? How much should we estimate for daily accommodation and a meal in a local restaurant? We will probably be a small group of people, 3-4.



Any info is greatly appreciated!





Thank you!





Timothy




|||



Hello Timothy,



Sounds like a great trip!



I noticed you received no replies and though I don%26#39;t have much to offer either, I do remember when I was in Slavonice, Cz, I saw quite a few bikes on pathways marked Greenways. Here is their website. I hope you find it useful.



http://www.pragueviennagreenways.org/




|||



This link is amazing driftedOff!!! Thank you!!!




|||



Another one here http://www.topbicycle.com/index.htm




|||



Super! I offer a link and get one in return...thanks GCEK.



Timothy, I look forward to a trip report when you get back. I%26#39;ve thought of something similar but less ambitious in that I like to have a home base.



I assume you would have your own bikes. But FYI, Cz railways offers inexpensive bike rentals where you can rent the bike in the train station of one town and drop it off at another. I read about it on this forum. Here%26#39;s a link



www.cd.cz/static/eng/bikehireservice.htm




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, August 11, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment