Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Suggestions on a great place to stay

Hi,





I am looking at meeting my boyfriend in Prague for his 15 day R%26amp;R in May (7th-22nd). While I have searched this site over and over and read many reviews I still haven’t been able to come across what I am seeking. We would like to stay at a place that is not far from attractions/restaurants etc. (however not on a noisy busy street), or not far from convenient transportation to access all the attractions. We would like to have a place that does breakfast each morning. Has a private bathroom in your room, and has a queen size bed. (Is it just me, or do all the beds in Prague seem to be 2 twins pushed together?? I mean by the time we meet up for this trip it will be 7 months since we have seen each other, we are not wanting to sleep on 2 twin bed.) We would like to keep our price under the $150/night range. Any suggestions on something nice and fitting for a romantic getaway are much appreciated.





Also, any tips on good restaurants? I am not picky about types of food and for sure we would like to try local cuisine and are drawn to the “little hole in the wall” type places more than the larger restaurants.





Thanks in advance…



Jessi




|||



How about here?



hotelsprague.net/hotels-prague/013-hotel-u-k…





TORII




|||



I%26#39;d go for the Hastal. Just off old town (about 5min walk) I%26#39;ve stayed there about 7 times in past 2 years. Its cheap but its a good 3 star. The rooms are nice and spacious with double beds!! private bathrooms too. breakfast is included and is the typical continental meats, cheese, toast and coffe. The location is great its also near the river and on a quiet little street opposite a church. If you book it on their website ask for a room like room number 10 (they have a name for these ones but it escapes me) they%26#39;re a bit bigger than the standard ones and not that expensive. Really is a perfect and comfortable base!!!




|||



oh and send me an email I might be able to get you a discount as I have for some of my friends. I%26#39;ll want a discount in Hawaii though!!




|||



Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it. I will check into it and see what kind of availability they have for May.





Hawaii discount...we call it Kama%26#39;aina here. :) And sure why not? One good back scratch deserves another!





Thanks again,



Jessi




|||



tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d280…





check out my review




|||



TORII - Any idea for the room rate/night? Not available from that website. When I click the room rate, it show me the map of this hotel.





- Mint -




|||



lsw - Torii is probably shopping! On this website for your dates at the end of January, the rate for a double room is 89 euros per night.





http://www.u-karlova-mostu-hotel-prague.info/




|||



It is really hard to find a bed that isn%26#39;t two beds pushed together to make a queen/king not just in Prague but in Europe. Seems to be the standard. Sheets that pop off and mattresses that slide off. Waking up in the middle in Hammock style inbetween the two beds pushed together. Two places in Prague that have normal queen/king beds. Ventana and Iron Gates Suites. Both these hotels are tourist friendly, speak perfect English, and in Old Town. Down side they might be out of your price range you are looking for. Never hurts to check.




|||



Mint,



I usually use this company.



yeego.com/czechrepublic/…



TORII




|||



Penny - Thank you very much. From the website, this hotel look very attractive, but... out of our budget.





- Mint -

No comments:

Post a Comment