Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Czech Airlines

I asked this question earlier in the year and I%26#39;m wondering if there have been any changes. I wasn%26#39;t able to visit Praque this year as I had wanted. Hopefully next year. Want to fly direct from NY. Is Czech Airlines still the only carrier direct from NY?



Has anyone flown on them lately. How is there service? Last I read people were saying their planes were older and a little worn.





Thanks,



NY Chubby




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:57 am, December 21, 2008


|||



Problems? Previously read that Planes are old, worn,cramped, No personal tv screens. I have only been to Europe twice and flew BA and AF. I was more satified with AF for service and comfort. I have to have a direct flight.





Thanks




|||



Yes, Czech Airlines is the only airline flying non-stop from NYC to Prague. I%26#39;m traveling this way in February. I did read the same things you may have read about older planes, but I also read that there are new planes now, though I%26#39;m not 100% sure about that.




|||



According to this they have four Airbus A310s csa.cz/cs/…plane_airbus.htm which are the older type, but it says that they show films so you should be OK (and each seat has the facility to plug in headphones as well).




|||



I%26#39;m wondering why the first post was removed. Does anyone know? It didn%26#39;t seem inappropriate. The person was asking about any problems. Confused.




|||



I don%26#39;t know why, but this forum seems to be particularly prone to message removal and there seems to be far more here than anywhere else that I have seen. It doesn%26#39;t even get that heated, either :)




|||



Sorry I self reported as it was written without my glasses on ! I had missread the question.



TORII




|||



Well, it you have to fly direct, there is no alternative other than to fly the old CSA A310.



If that is a problem, either fly business class, or



via %26#39;somewhere%26#39;. e.g. London, Paris etc.




|||



I just checked CSA%26#39;s A310 business class offering. It seems that the seats are what you would normally have on short-haul flights, only an angle of recline of 32.5 degrees ie not a flat bed, and there are not even individual screens for in flight entertainment. I wouldn%26#39;t waste my money on this business class.




|||



Thanks for checking. If I choose not to fly direct, is it better to fly into London or Paris?

No comments:

Post a Comment