Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Which 5 star hotel (must be well located but quiet!!!)

Help! We are going to Prague next weekend (it is our 1st time alone since having children!) and I am not sure which 5 star hotel to choose.



I have been told that the Paris Hotel is well located and I think I have read somewhere that the rooms are very quiet. Is this the case? Otherwise, what other well located, quiet, luxury hotels are there? Thanks.




|||



I%26#39;ve just spent a weekend in Prague in the Kempinski hotel at Hybernska. The hotel is newly opened, a soft opening until March, good prices, excellent location. Have a look at my review. I would recommend this place to anyone. But you would need to ask for rooms facing the back courtyard, not perhaps the street.




|||



Not the Four Seasons - you might as well stay in a travelodge (try it and find out) :)





My absolute favourite is the Hotel Praha - maybe not the best location for just wandering into town, but it has fantastic views of the castle and enormous (and very quiet) rooms http://www.htlpraha.cz/ with even bigger balconies. It is quite avant-garde, to say the least, but every time I have been there on business the others have vowed to go back there.




|||



Hi NSHP





We stayed in the Esplanade last MArch and paid 100 euor per night for a double room with breakfast.





A 5 star hotel in an excellent location - 2 minute walk from the top of Wencenlas (spelling!) square and the nearest metro. Very quiet at night, but only 2 minutes from W square and 10 minuted walk from the Old Town and other attrations.







http://www.hotel-esplanade-prague.com/




|||



For a quiet hotel you should look at Mala Strana to stay at. The Aria is great, especially the suites/ rooms towards the secret garden. More a romantic feel gives Hotel Alchymist, they offer the best massages!. A real 5 star hotel is the Mandarin, even though offers less than your normal MOH (just like the Four Seasons) - I am a bit disappointed with both of them.





Right by the Charles Bridge with quiet rooms facing the wonderful courtyards offers Pachtuv Palace. Fabulous place.





Paris is just like Esplanade more in the 4star plus side. Lots of so called 5star hotels in Prague are more in that category. Hotel Praha is enormous, but really out of the way, if you are looking for location.





Kempinski is also great, I agree, if you have a room towards the inner court yard.




|||



What about the Grand Hotel Bohemia? Great location.





TORII




|||



Yes, that is a good hotel, but also more on the 4plus side. Though, if you book an executive room on the 7th floor, they have a great view over the city and the castle. Location is great. TORII have you ever seen their ball room? THAT is fab! (I used to work at the Grand Bohemia, 15 years ago!)




|||



No I havent seen the ballroom Martina but have been in often for morning coffee ,I just love it in there.



TORII




|||



TORII, this is it: austria-hotels.at/cz/…meeting-facilities.html





Best place to celebrate...




|||



What can I say ?it is fantastic ,will try and have a peep on my next visit.You were lucky to have worked there Martina.



TORII




|||



I%26#39;m not quite sure why the insistence on 5 stars, ( there may be a particular service you want) but do look at the reviews of U Zlate Studne on this site. I have never experienced better service and it is (imo) better than any Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton I have stayed in.





It is romantic and well located and I can%26#39;t recommend it highly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment